Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:58:21 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fsck and lost+found space

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 05:54:35PM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote..
> On Wed, 2004-Aug-11 08:17:39 +0200, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:
> >* Charles Sprickman <spork@fasttrackmonkey.com> [2004-08-10 23:52 -0400]:
> >> I was hoping for some option in fsck to allow an alternate lost+found
> >> directory on another device, but no such luck.
>
> This isn't possible - all fsck does is to create a directory entry
> pointing to the file.  You could add an option to fsck to allow you
> to specify the directory name but you are still limited by fsck's
> inability to use indirect blocks for the fsck directory.

Is this the same thing I remember from SysV days where we used to create
a ton of files in lost+found and then delete them so that in case fsck
ever needed dir entries it could re-use them?

(memory is very dim..)

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko@FreeBSD.org