Date:      Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:02:12 +0100
From:      Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com>
To:        Tarc <tarc@tarc.po.cs.msu.su>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des@des.no>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: -CURRENT crashes on compilling

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 02:56:22PM +0400, Tarc wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:17:10PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> > Tarc <tarc@tarc.po.cs.msu.su> writes:
> > > I change my old computer to a new one (see dmesgs links below) and
> > > my computer begins to crash anywhere(cc1, sh, awk, ...) with (mainly
> > > page fault) very often.
> >
> > Bad hardware - most likely bad RAM, possibly a bad CPU.
> >
> > DES
> > --
> > Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav - des@des.no

> Hmm... I thinked about this, but RAM is ok.
> How test processor?

Doing a FreeBSD buildworld is a very good way to test your system :-)

You'll find a much more detailled description of the possible problems and
solutions in the SIG 11 FAQ, which you can find here:
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

Since the individual components of your system interact with each other in
so many ways, if the problem is actually a faulty component, usually the
best approach is to swap components one at a time from another (working)
system. But it could be that you have BIOS settings wrong for CPU clock or
RAM timing etc.

Regards,

Brian.