Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:18:50 -0700
From:      "Don O'Neil" <lists@lizardhill.com>
To:        "'Bill Moran'" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Mysql Hogging all system resources

This isn't exactly what I want to do. According to the FreeBSD Handbook, by
defining a CPU limit it will just kill any process that uses more than the
limit. What I want to do is effectively throttle the process so it doesn't
use up more than a certain % CPU, but still lives, esentially taking longer
to process than if it had unlimited resources. That way the process still
runs and the system isn't taken to it's knees.