Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 2010 01:08:48 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Pieter de Goeje <pieter@degoeje.nl>
Cc:        Andriy Bakay <andriy@irbisnet.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serious zfs slowdown when mixed with another file system (ufs/msdosfs/etc.).

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 03:32:54AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Pieter de Goeje, and lo! it spake thus:

> Note that I use a single filesystem for / and /usr. Obviously if
> those are separate filesystems more NFS exports and mount commands
> are necessary.  Before the first run all immutable flags need to be
> removed from the target box, otherwise the install will fail (i.e.
> chflags -R noschg /).

That's one reason I always found it easier to go the other way, export
/usr/{src,obj} from the build server, and do the installworld locally
on the boxes in question.  's just simpler that way, when everything
is in its "normal" place.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net