Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 16:33:35 +0700
From:      "Alex N. Zhuravlev" <alx@scn.ru>
To:        <freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Adaptec 7890 problem

Hi ! Help wanted ....
I have FreeBSD-2.2.6-Release installed on my PC IWILL P2L. It has an ADAPTEC 7880
SCSI controller and WD UWSCSI hard disk. When I've installed 2.2.6 there were no
problem with SCSI and with WD ( beside com ports ;-) ). Now I've changed MB to ASUS
P2BLS with ADAPTEC 7890 SCSI controller and with the same WD with 2.2.6. on it. When
I've started the following happens : Everything is fine during probing, beside SCSI
controller and disk, and after that it says :"Can't mount root - rebooting system". I
don't want to re-install 2.2.6 cause I've got lot's of usefull data on it. So how can
I solve the proplem ???
I'll be glad to any possible variants.
Alex N. Zhuravlev.