Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:53:08 -0500
From:      "Mark A-J. Raught (from the laptop)" <mraught@acm.org>
To:        mark <reveille@burntmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pccard (null)(null)

mark wrote:

>When I insert my pccard, I get this:
>
>(when inserted):
>pccard: inserted, slot 0
>Jan 10 23:42:05 undertow pccardd[48]: No card in database for "(null")"("(null)")
>
>what am I doing wrong?
>
>thanks,
>mark

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the message

Mark
    <about Belkin wireless card on FBSD 4.7 system>
    You may want to play around with the /etc/pccard.conf. Look at the
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf and try changing the io, irq or memmory
settings in the /etc/pccard.conf. I googled and found some references to
this.
    If you remove the card and restart the system (shutting OFF
completely) and then boot with it out and then insert it when the system
is completely up; what does it say, same thing? Or even if you just
remove and reinsert the card does it change anything?
    If you pccardc dumpcis what do you get? Does it look like it is
getting valid info?
    one last thought, in your kernel do you only have "device wi" for
this card? If you have any specifics you may need to change pccard.conf
to reflect those. I'm not sure on the specifics, but if you do have more
than device wi (like device wi0 irq 7 port 0x3e0 iomem0xd8000 -- not
real values, just an example as what I'm talking about) then I would try
changing it back to just "device wi" (without "'s of course)

-mark