Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:10:28 +0100
From:      Tim.Bissell@dresdnerkb.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   building just gdb from source.

Hi,

I'm running 4.0-RELEASE on a PC, and I would like to compile from source a
copy of gdb 4.18 for it.  I can't find a port of gdb 4.18, and I can't work
out how to build the /usr/src/contrib/gdb - I don't have room to do a 'make
world' and there does not appear to be a 'make tools' rule, or any
indication of how to configure and build parts of the source tree rather
than the whole.
I've searched the mailing list archives, the handbook and some web search
engines, but not seen anything... Does anyone have any hints?

Thanks,

Tim

P.S. I want to build gdb 4.18 because I have some Objective-C patches for it
and I want to work on GNUstep.

P.P.S Sorry about the mail-server-generated disclaimer below.

--
Work: tim.bissell@dresdnerkb.com  +44 (0)171 4758789
Home: tim@ursidae.demon.co.uk     +44 (0)1480 451022

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you have
received this email in error please destroy it and contact the sender, via
our switchboard on +44 (0)20 7623 8000 or via return e-mail. You should not
copy, forward or use the contents, attachments or information in any way.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure may be unlawful. Dresdner Kleinwort
Benson gives no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of this email
after it is sent over the Internet and accepts no responsibility for changes
made after it was sent. Any opinion expressed in this email may be personal
to the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Bank or
its affiliates. They may also be subject to change without notice.