Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:27:44 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of debugging with 1.4.1?

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Jan Grant wrote:

> I'm running 1.4.1-p3 on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #0: Tue Jul 29 18:12:32 BST 2003
>
> I'm seeing a problem with one of our web applications (it's a
> complicated beast sitting on top of jetspeed and tomcat). About 50% of
> the time (like, when I'm sitting in front of the machine with my sleeves
> rolled up :-/ ) it works perfectly. At other times, tomcat appears to
> fail to finish initialising, sitting in a "poll" loop.

Argh. Although my question about debugging status still stands, a
sigquit helped. Java was hanging waiting on sufficient random bits to
generate an SSL key. Ironically, my observation about it working
perfectly when I was at the console ("must be green thumbs," I thought)
turned out to be more accurate than I had anticipated.

Added the IDE interrupts to rndcontrol and suddenly the app springs int
life :-)

jan

Goedel would be proud - I'm both inconsistent _and_ incomplete.