Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 09:37:13 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "hanging root device to da0s1a"

> No offense, but can we use something like "assigning" in place of the
> rather loaded word "hanging?"  I can just see the user bug reports now;
> "My root device is hanging!  It says so every time I boot! HELP!" :)

Actually, it says "changing", but the 'c' gets printed and then all of
the interrupt context stuff happens for the outstanding SCSI probes, so
all that's left to print at the end is 'hanging...'

I'm not sure why it happens like this; try putting a DELAY() just
before we actually set the root device and see if you can put it off.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org