Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:21:30 -0400
From:      "J.B." <aliester66@charter.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Toshiba Satellite & X windows (help)

Hi,
I recently installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 on my Toshiba Satellite 1605CDS. The
install took a few tries but I finally got it. My problem is that X is
VERY slow. KDE takes around 10 minutes to load and then is virtually
unusable. I tried going lightweight with Fluxbox , which loads quickly
but any heavy graphics app (mozilla for example) loads very slowly also
and is virtually unusable. I'm pretty sure it's my XF86Config . (I had
a hard time just to get it to run X)....it doesn't seem to be
recognizing my video card properly. I am relatively new to Freebsd,
although I've been tooling around with nix for a year or so now so i
have a bit of experience. Any help with this would be greatly
appreciated. My main aim is to have this laptop run KDE. Thanks!

Jimmy
"Oh my!!! The gerbils are eating my pie!!!"