Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 07:47:10 -0600
From:      Peter Woods <pwoods@mail.state.tn.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW and natd

I am setting up a FreeBSD 2.2.5 box as a test firewall system.
The system has two 3Com 3c509 cards.  I have successfully
rebuilt my kernal with IPFW and natd appears to be running.  I
can successfully telnet from a computer on the private network
to one on the public network, but the reverse is not true.  The
public nic has two IP addesses (A.B.C.198 and A.B.C.199) and
the private nic has only one (10.10.10.1).  I am trying to get
A.B.C.199 to be sent to 10.10.10.2, but it stops at the firewall.
The firewall is set to "allow ip from any to any".  (This is afterall
just a test.)  I know I am overlooking something fairly obvious.

When I telnet from private to public, I see that natd is working
properly and translating my addresss to A.B.C.199, but trying to
telnet from the public side to A.B.C.199 only get me to the firewall.

I started natd using:
natd -a A.B.C.199 -redirect_address 10.10.10.2 A.B.C.199

Did I do this right?  How do redirect more IPs?

Eventually, the public nic will have several alias, and I would like
A.B.C.198 -> 10.10.10.2
A.B.C.199 -> 10.10.10.3
A.B.C.200 -> 10.10.10.4

Am I backing up the wrong tree?