Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:50:29 -0700
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/netinet if_ether.c

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 11:12:33PM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> If we are interested in tracking this down, we should add a printf,
> so that people who hit this will notce it and report.
> Otherwise this problem will  be left forever in a workaround state.

That's what revision 1.109 was for, but I have only had 2 reports of this.

Once the ARP rewrite is finished, and ARP is finally separated from the
routing table, we will probably not see this any more.

My theory right now is that a sockaddr_dl is being interpreted as a
link-layer address when actually only the sdl_index field needs to be
interpreted.

BMS