Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:15:42 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   opinions on the M68000 series cpus?

I was one of those punks that held on to my Amiga till it was obvious that
the best technology *wasn't* going to win.

But I absolutely loved assembly language programming on that machine.  Huge
registers with simple names, flat addressing, rich instruction set, lots of
indirect addressing modes, not to mention the API was fun to work with as
well.

What do you think of the 68000 series?  Was it a good CPU from the
standpoint of a programmer?

Jonathon
--
Microsoft complaining about the source license used by
Linux is like the event horizon calling the kettle black.