Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2015 01:55:41 +0100
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg delete portaudit is trying to remove sysinfo

Baptiste Daroussin wrote on 01/27/2015 00:53:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 12:51:48AM +0100, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>> I am converting all our servers to pkg2ng and on one old system I have
>> the following problem.
>> After conversion (pkg2ng) I need to remove deprecated portaudit. It went
>> fine on 10 servers before, but on this one (inside jail) the "pkg
>> delete" tried to remove sysinfo package too.
>>

>> # pkg delete portaudit-0.5.17
>> Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
>> Deinstallation has been requested for the following 2 packages (of 0
>> packages in the universe):
>>
>> Installed packages to be REMOVED:
>>           portaudit-0.5.17
>>           sysinfo-1.0.1
>>
>> The operation will free 54 KiB.
>>
>> Proceed with deinstalling packages? [y/N]: n
>>

>> Can anobody tell me, why it is trying to remove sysinfo? Sysinfo has
>> nothing to do with portaudit.
>>

> sysinfo was depending on portaudit until version 1.0.1_2 and you have 1.0.1
> which depends on portaudit.

OK, it make sense now. Thank you!

So I let it be removed and now trying to install newer version:

# pkg install sysinfo
No active remote repositories configured.

I guess this is problem with some missing files in this jail, because
pkg works in host system which was converted to pkg in the same way.

Can you point me to the right direction what files should be present in
the jail to make the pkg work?

For example, jail and host both have only pkg.conf.sample in
/usr/local/etc/
So should I look somewhere else?

Miroslav Lachman