Date:      Sat, 03 Aug 1996 16:08:16 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        shanee@rabbit.augusta.de (Andreas Kohout)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: http://www.uni-paderborn.de/~SciTeXt/

>From The Desk Of Andreas Kohout :
> It looks like Windows-Write/Word but is pre-alpha -> missing lots of
> features.

Well, I managed to port scitext over here  and it was not that hard
to port.

I added this to the Makefile:
# common rules for all Makefiles - do not edit

.c.i:
        $(RM) $@
                $(CC) -E $(CFLAGS) $(_NOOP_) $*.c > $@
-------
.C.o:
        $(RM) $@
        $(CXX) -c -o $@ $(CFLAGS) $(CXXEXTRA_INCLUDES) $*.C
-------

The rule to build ".C.o" files was missing ...

As for scitext , I like the presentation so far and yes it looks like is
missing a lot of features which means that is an opportunity for
cool hackers to step in and lend a hand 8)

I really would like to see a nice word processor which we can at least
distribute the sources . Now with Open One from netscape or ILU
this word processor can get very interesting 8)

Info on ILU:      ftp://parcftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html
Info on Open One: http://developer.netscape.com/library/one/index.html
	Enjoy,
	Amancio