Date:      29 Aug 97 22:16:36 +0100
From:      leifn@roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSD: Keeping dial-up connections alive

At 28 Aug 97 18:32:46 Jeff Roberts (2:234/49.99) wrote to All  regarding FBSD:  Keeping dial-up connections alive in area "freebsd-questions"

 JR> What is the preferred method of keeping dial-up connections
 JR> alive?  My (school) provider kills connections that have been
 JR> inactive for 8 (freaking) minutes ... i.e., I have to
 JR> periodically reload long articles on cnn.com or I'll lose my
 JR> connection in the middle.

Ever tried downloading the article, then reading off-line? Your provider obviously feel you are wasting their modems when reading online.

Leif Neland
Internet: leifn@roskildebc.dk
---