Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 15:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/5894: tkirc wish dependency fix

The following reply was made to PR ports/5894; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To: Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc: "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, freebsd-ports@hub.freebsd.org,
        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 10:05:20 +1030

 > wish to print the fact that it is named with a version number, and a list of
 > versions that is installed.  Here is a shell script I sent to the lists
 > previously:

 > to which Satoshi replied:
 >
 > > This sounds very good.  Can someone write an INSTALL script to install
 > > something like this?  (We can't just install it from the Makefile and
 > > list it in pkg/PLIST, as that will make it disappear when a particular
 > > version of tk is pkg_delete'd....)
 Well, perhaps you should add that script to the tk port so that it places it
 as /usr/local/bin/wish when it installs..

 > I still think this would be the best solution.
 Sounds like a good idea to me..

 |Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
 |http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
 |The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
 |choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |