Date:      Sun, 29 May 2005 12:48:11 +0000
From:      Dima Dorfman <dd@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Grant <mg-fbsd3@grant.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mdconfig

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

Michael Grant <mg-fbsd3@grant.org> wrote:
> # mdconfig -l -u md0
> md0     vnode   23503425 KBytes

-current has support for showing the file name:

  # mdconfig -lu0
  md0     vnode     3.0M  /home/dima/test

I don't know when this will be MFC'd.

> Furthermore, could we have that info when we run mount (with no args)
> and df?  Or might that break something that depends on their output?

The file name used for the disk is not a property of the file system,
so it would be inappropriate to show it in mount. It will point to
md0, however, and mdconfig can tell you how it's backed.

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--