Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:00:27 GMT
From:      "Jin Guojun [VFFS]" <g_jin@lbl.gov>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/80426: 5.4-RC3 still panic when boot on ASUS P2B-DS M/B

The following reply was made to PR i386/80426; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jin Guojun [VFFS]" <g_jin@lbl.gov>
To: Andras Got <andrej@antiszoc.hu>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:52:25 -0700

 I am not quite sure what your method means. It sounds like that you have
 disabled APIC in
 either BIOS or in the kernel. If this is the case, you do not have to
 rebuild the kernel
 even the world. You can simply do this by adding following line into
 /boot/loader.conf:

 # cat /boot/loader.conf
 hint.acpi.0.disabled=1

 This works for 5.4-RC3.