Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 2015 16:34:42 -0600
From:      Bryan Albright <bryana@darth-vader.org>
To:        Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD - <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrade question?

Thanks Charles!

I am planning on staying at 9.3 for as short of a possible time as I
can.

Doing a buildworld/buildkernel/mergemaster ... but wasn't sure if
I should do/have to do a port update between 8.4 to 10.2 -- I've gone
from single major releasesfor years now... this is the first time I've
done 2 major releases in a single "session" and  was looking for
advice it it would be better to upgrade ports at the 9.x step before I
did the OS updgrade to 10.2

I'm honestly okay with either...

Thanks!

Bryan

--
Bryan Albright

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a
person's determination...