Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:59:56 +1000 (EST)
From:      Tony Maher <tonymaher@optushome.com.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Evo N610c

Hello,

I recently installed FreeBSD 5-1-Release onto a Compaq Evo N610c and
upgraded to -Current.

FreeBSD k9.home 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #1: Wed Jul 16 08:26:32 EST 2003     root@k9.home:/var/obj/space/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

There were problems when booting with ACPI (short term hanging), running
sysctl -a (hanging) and getting pcmcia cards to be recognized.
These have been described in emails from Robert ??? and Vaidas Damosevicius
(who listed the hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1" fix).

With the following in /boot/loader.conf these problem appear to to have
been resolved.

hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"
debug.acpi.disable="cmbat"
hw.acpi.verbose="1"

(Well I dont think verbose helped, I just want to see more messages.)

Without debug.acpi.disable="cmbat", the battery was seen but it complained
about it being corrupted.
How do you disable multiple drivers?  Have multiple lines or
a single disable with a delimited string? What delimiter?
The man page for acpi could do with some examples I think.

Testing card insertion/removal:

  aic1: <Adaptec, Inc. APA-1460 SCSI Host Adapter> at port 0x340-0x35f irq 11
  function 0 config 9 on pccard0
  aic1: AIC6360, dma, disconnection, parity check, fast SCSI
  aic1: detached

I have only done insertion and removal, I havent actually tried to use
device yet.

Minor glitches:
Switching to and from X can result in screen not being properly sync'd.
Switching back and forth beween X and console or closing lid often fixes it
but not always.
>From boot -v
 vga0: vga: WARNING: video mode switching is not fully supported on this adapter
so this is a known problem.
Any fixes?

Suspending works - resumption does not :-(
Any ideas?

thanks
--
tonym