Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 10:06:19 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newbie: with fstab and mounting....

Hey all,

I have finally got FreeBSD up and running (took a 5 days, but it worth it.)
I love it, it faster that my linux system. Coming from linux I have some
fstab questions.

When I place:

    /dev/fd0    /floppy       msdos rw  0 0

in fstab tries to mount the floppy on boot even if there is none in there.
Linux never did this, how do I make an fstab entry that will not automount
the floppy.

Also, I have 2 linux partitions that I'd like to mount. I have tried an
fstab entrys of:

  /dev/wd1s1b /linux ext2fs rw 1 1

and

 /dev/wd1s1b /linux ext2fs rw 1 1

and

 /dev/wd1s2b /linux ext2fs rw 1 1

Now my linux partitions are on the 2 disk on my primary controller, but so
are my FreeBSD partitions and they are all /dev/wd1s1f etc (which I'm not
quite understanding yet?) But all they above give me does not exist errors.
The directory exists I made that, I saw the mount_ext2fs command in /sbin (i
believe), so what doesn't exist? Or just what I'm I doing wrong!?

Rod....