Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:44:58 +0400
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Request for testers: virt-manager, libvirt, and bhyve

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

  Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I created a patch for the deskutils/virt-manager port to add support
> for bhyve.  virt-manager depends on libvirt, so the work
> that Roman has done with libvirt is critical for it to work.
>=20
> I have instructions for setting it up here, plus a screenshot of the
> virt-manager UI:
>=20
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rodrigc/libvirt/virt-manager.html
>=20
> Is there anyone interested in testing this and providing feedback?
>=20
> Also, since virt-manager is in Python, is there anyone out there interest=
ed
> in improving this patch, and sending it upstream to the virt-manager
> developers?

Hi Craig,

Back in April bhyve support was added into virt-manager master [1]. So
it should be there in the next release.

I've looked at updating the desktuils/virt-manager port to 1.0.x, but at
that time it was blocked by some outdated dependency.

1: https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/virt-manager.git/commit/?id=3D05df5a64=
843f2bd4e9a5197d97608d41b2e6dc43

Roman Bogorodskiy

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW