Date:      05 Sep 2000 22:34:49 -0500
From:      Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com>
To:        "Vladimir Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "Brian Beattie" <beattie@beattie-home.net>, <emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: vmware2 networking question

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:42:17 -0700, "Vladimir Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com> said:

    > You have just enable 'option BRIDGE' in your kernel. And after
    > that your 'hostonly' networking in VMware guest becoming really
    > bridged.

Except it doesn't work. Perhaps it works for you, but vmware2
networking on my machine stops working entirely until I disable the
bridge. In addition, having bridging enabled causes loops in the
bridge topology when one has more than one ethernet card in the
machine.

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mdharnois@home.com                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org