Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:11:18 +1000
From:      Stuart Clarke <s334761@student.uq.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   shell.  URGENT URGENT URGENT

Allright boys and girls, here's a doozy:

I was logged in as root, and was playing around (using chpass) with what shell I
was using.  I accidentally typed in the wrong path to a shell and now I can't
login as root any more (it says that it can't find the shell, and returns to the
login prompt).

I've only created one other user since installing BSD, and it doesn't have any
privelages to speak of.

How the hell can I get to log in as root again?  If I could only get to the
/etc/passwd file!

Please help me with this, 'cause it's rather urgent (assignments to do)

Thanks to anyone who can help,

Stu