Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 16:49:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jesse Gross <jesse_gross@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com 3cSOHO100-TX problems

I have a 3com 3cSOHO100-TX 10/100 NIC which is specifically listed
under the supported hardware list. However, it does not seem to be
supported under the default kernel config because the /stand/sysinstall
utility suggests the 3c90x card but when that is enabled the system
runs painfully slowly. If that driver is disabled, it runs lightning
fast. Does anyone know how to enable my network card? Also, how can I
disable the other driver? I currently use ifconfig xl0 down, which
works, but I must do it each time I boot.

Thanks

Jesse Gross