Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:55:24 -0600
From:      "Dennis Olvany" <dennisolvany@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   smbd bind problem

Alright, looked at the log file. Seems the bind to *:139 is failing. Nmbd is
already bound to 139, so what's the solution? Which one is supposed to be
bound to 139? Someone please advise.

It seems that smbd will not run. It will not run from inetd.conf. It will
not run from the command line. Which is to say, it won't remain running,
even with the -D switch.
Nmbd runs fine from both. The server appears in the windows network browser
and is pingable by netbios name.

If I try to access the machine I get the following error.
The account is not authorized to log in from this station.