Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 95 11:22:37 EST
From:      tom@batc.allied.com (Tom Roden)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        tom@batc.allied.com
Subject:   Xfree86 installation with SNAP 020295

Greetings,

During the XFree86 portion of the installation of the 020295 snapshot I get
the following message after selecting the install option:

/kernel: pid 261: dialog: uid 0: exited on signal 11
Memory fault

This message repeats several times and then the machine sometimes reboots or
sometimes returns to the XFree86 install dialog.  No errors or complaints
in the ALT-F2 window.

The XFree86 Select options are as follows:

All the defaults left selected + Mach32, Man and Prog.

Using the NFS install option.

I tried re-running bininst.sh and get the same thing each time.  Everything
else seems to install OK.

Machine:  90Mhz Pentium
Memory:   65Mb
/         420Mb
swap      70Mb

Any help would be appreciated, but this is primarily for information/feedback.

Regards,
Tom