Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2019 10:11:47 -0400
From:      Kris Moore <kris@ixsystems.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        =?UTF-8?B?R29yYW4gTWVracSH?= <meka@tilda.center>,  Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>,  FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org,  freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org,  freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: FreeBSD Package Base

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:09 AM Rodney W. Grimes <
freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:

> > Correct, this is ZFS only. And it's something we're using specific to
> FreeNAS / TrueOS, which is why I didn't originally mention it as apart of
> our CFT.
>
> Then please it is "CFT: FreeNAS/TrueOS pkg base, ZFS only",
> calling this FreeBSD pkg base when it is not was wrong,
> and miss leading.

Sorry, I disagree. This pkg base is independent of the ZFS tool we're using
to wrangle boot-environments. Hence why it wasn't mentioned in the CFT.
These base packages work the same as existing in-tree pkg base on UFS, no
difference. If anything are probably safer due to being able to update all
of userland in single extract operation, so you don't have out of order
extraction of libc or some such.