Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:39:31 -0000
From:      paul@originative.co.uk
To:        rkw@dataplex.net
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: /etc/rc.conf, take 46!

I still think we're chasing our tails with all this configuration stuff.

Why can't /etc/rc load /etc/defaults/rc.conf followed by /etc/rc.conf (if
present). Don't have anything in /etc/defaults.rc.conf except default
variable settings.

The local admin can do what the hell they want in /etc/rc.conf, including
putting in a bit of script to load /etc/rc.conf.local
/etc/rc.conf.flavour_of_month etc.

Paul.