Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 23:03:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Is 'groff' broken?

On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Mike O'Brien wrote:

> 	Was anything done to 'groff' on its way to the 2.0R release?
> I tried to run off some man pages for a package whose man pages
> were in -me format, and it didn't work bigtime.  The -me macro
> package in the tmac library seemed to have been renamed, and didn't
> work all that well when it was renamed back.
>
> Mike O'Brien

I always had trouble, until I found that if I used the -a on troff turned
out garbage.  To get a good ascii output, you have to use -Tascii.  When
I used that, I always get a good output.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!