Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:56:06 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

Hi,

> Yes, I realize what you guys are trying to do.
> If you wish to preserve information write it down to a file when the application
> exits. During normal execution , is not a problem. I hate to preserve
> state information such as the one that you guys are asking and no it is
> not hard to implement, again is not a good practice to have at the driver
> level. Actually, it would not surprise if some of you may get battery
> back up for your favorite Bt848 based card to preserve its state between
> power cycles 8)

actually I am willing to accept this premise, initialize everything
as oppossed to preserving state of the hardware (on 1st open) is
the safe road for sure.  however after the 1st open its important
that additional opens (by remotes, audio mixers, etc.) don't
perturb the current state, and can accurately read the current state.

this is the sort of gremlin I am after now.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by