Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:50:12 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "dolcy d.s.l." <dolcyd@eee-fs7.bham.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: internet router code

On 6/29/00, 12:13:34 PM, "dolcy d.s.l." <dolcyd@eee-fs7.bham.ac.uk>=20
wrote regarding internet router code:

> Dear Reader

> I am a student at the University of Birmingham, UK, and am trying to=20
get
> hold of some actual code for a basic software implementation of an=20
internet
> router.

> I am told that there is such code written for unix systems to allow
> configuration of the computer for use as a router and just wondered if=
=20
you
> could give me any leads as to where to find further information.

> Signed
> Desperate Student

Dear "Desperate Student",

the code is before you (was: Nature) :-)

FreeBDS is a network operating system, and it comes with full source=20
code. Also, its TCP/IP implementation is remarkable -- not only for=20
historic[al] reasons ;-)=20

You may wish to install it (a very easy process), and dive into the=20
sections of the source code you are most interested in.=20

You might begin by carefully visiting the FreeBSD site=20
(http://www.freebsd.org): it contains a very large amount of related=20
information.

HTH,
Salvo=20