Date:      Fri, 2 May 2008 17:40:03 GMT
From:      "Andrew Hammond" <andrew.george.hammond@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   re: docs/118332: man page for top does not describe state column wait events

The following reply was made to PR docs/118332; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Andrew Hammond" <andrew.george.hammond@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, andrew.george.hammond@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:08:50 -0700

 ------=_Part_14002_7359292.1209748130661

 From an operations stance, when I'm trying to diagnose an issue, and I see
 from top that a process is in some state that I don't recognize or
 understand, I want to know what it means. I naturally go to the man page for
 top to find out. If it's not directly in there then I want a pointer of
 where I should look next. So, to clarify my prior email, it'd be nice if the
 man page listed some of the more common states and what they mean and then
 provided a pointer to the canonical documentation.

 Andrew

 ------=_Part_14002_7359292.1209748130661

 From an operations stance, when I&#39;m trying to diagnose an issue, and I see from top that a process is in some state that I don&#39;t recognize or understand, I want to know what it means. I naturally go to the man page for top to find out. If it&#39;s not directly in there then I want a pointer of where I should look next. So, to clarify my prior email, it&#39;d be nice if the man page listed some of the more common states and what they mean and then provided a pointer to the canonical documentation.<b r>

 ------=_Part_14002_7359292.1209748130661--