Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:14:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: diskless boot of a PXE-compatible machine : finally done !

in your rc.conf or rc.conf.local, you should set

	early_nfs_mounts="YES"

so that /usr and friends are mounted before rc.diskless2
is invoked. This has worked for me at least in 3.1-something
(the scripts in the CVS repository derive from the setup
i have prepared on that version).

not sure about the /var/db/mounttab problem because i do not
see this file on my 4.x system, and

	strings `which mount` | grep mount

does not reveal any reference to that file... maybe it
is a -CURRENT thing ?

	cheers
	luigi