Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:42:12 +0530
From:      Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@fernuni-hagen.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE and Windows XP on one system

Well FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 is running on my box with Windiws XP in
dual boot. So the installation definitely works. Now in your case
there may be a few posiblities. First of all, have u fixed the master
drive at the end of the cable and the slave drive in the middle
connector?. FreeBSD has been very fussy about hardware. The other
probability you have already guessed. Yes it may be the BIOS. Its a
good move to search the manufacturer site for updated BIOS and flash
it. However be careful. Thirdly, I would say put the 40G drive as
master as olders drives have buggy controller firmware and they *may*
create troubles in case of newer slaves. Fourtly, Jumper the drives
explicitly to be master and slave. Do not rely on the CS.

S.