Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:15:17 -0700
From:      Marcio Carneiro <carneiro@cyclades.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Route and link

Hi.

Maybe this is a silly question, but I'm confused and I didn't find
information about this in the man pages or the site.

I have a point to point conection (Cisco HDLC or SyncPPP), and when I
bring the interface up the route to the other point is automatically
added. But I can't set a route to the network, for intance: I'm using the
network 10.0.0.0/30, and if I try:

route add -net 10.0.0.0 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.252 -iface

my local interface doesn't respond (10.0.0.1). Is there a way to set the
network route to the link, instead the IP?

Thanks,

Márcio.