Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:29:38 +0100
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Future of RAIDFrame and Vinum (was: Future of RAIDFrame)

On 01/11/04 12:13:36 +0100 Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <20040111120824.00cb6314@Magellan.Leidinger.net>,
> Alexander Leidinger writes:
>
>> fine, but if I got it right, do you (Greg) agree to remove it from
>> -current?
>
> My proposal is to do just that with both vinum and raidframe until
> one or possibly both are up to full strength again.

and I'm pretty sure, that you'll provide means to migrate
the vinum volumes on -current systems transparently and
in-place to regular partitions?

vinum (IMHO) is a quite valuable piece of software. I'm
using it quite intensively; *especially* on -current-boxes
I'm in need of most flexible storage management.

-Andreas