Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:56:47 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott4long@yahoo.com>
To:        Hongjiang Zhang <honzhan@microsoft.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to handle Test Unit Ready command

The right way to do it in CAM is to respond with CAM_SEL_TIMEOUT.  If =
you respond with something like CAM_DEV_NOT_THERE, I think it=E2=80=99ll =
trigger error recovery, retries, and ugly console messages.  Probably =
should fix that if it hasn=E2=80=99t been done already.

Scott

<freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm developing the SCSI storage driver for FreeBSD on Hyper-V. When =
the host side hot removed a scsi disk from LUN 0, there will a TUR =
command issued from VM side. But what is the expected TUR response if =
the specified LUN is invalid?