Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 11:24:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jan Koum <jkb@best.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        hosokawa@makefile.org
Subject:   3Com 589B card trouble.

	Hello,

	I am having really weird trouble with my 3Com 589B card. I can use
it to install over the network, as zp0 with normal boot disk. And also I
can use PAO boot floppy, which can find the card in the pcmcia slot just
fine. After the install (this is with 2.2.2-RELEASE), I can still use the
card as zp0, but once I add PAO patches to the kernel, pccardd won't
recognize the card. It doesn't see "3Com Corporation" "3C589", but instead
it is seeing "(null)" ("(null)")
	Any ideas anyone? Thanks,

-- Yan