Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:07:40 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weak symbols in libc_r broken?

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 02:52:02PM +1100, John Birrell wrote:
> Is it just me, or are the weak symbols in libc_r confusing the linker?

Not just you.  Jason and Mike Smith brought this to my attention on
Friday.  I found that if one takes a fresh -CURRENT and then:

    cd /usr/src/lib/libc_r
    cvs -q up -D 1/27/2000
    make all install

the susp.c code from the A&W Ptheads Programming book
(http://www.aw.com/cseng/titles/0-201-63392-2/code/) would then work with
compiled with "-static -pthread".

Your analysis if what is currently happening is correct.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)