Date:      Sat, 6 May 2006 05:27:15 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        Pascal Hofstee <caelian@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD nfe driver for NVIDIA nForce network adapter

On Saturday 06 May 2006 04:53, Pascal Hofstee wrote:

> The above quoted ifdef construct would be one of those. As soon as this
> driver actually hits the actual /usr/src tree .. all these "shims" like
> the current manual define of DEVICE_POLLING and similar constructs can
> be removed.
>
> But as long as we're building from a directory outside of /usr/src
> proper ... constructs like the above quoted HAVE_KERNEL_OPTION_HEADERS
> simply don't work as supposed to.
>
> At least that's my understanding of it all :)

ok make sense

anyway it does not compile with=20

define DEVICE_POLLING

if_nfe.c:29: error: syntax error before "DEVICE_POLLING"
In file included from @/sys/_types.h:33,
                 from ./machine/endian.h:37,
                 from @/sys/types.h:44,
                 from @/sys/param.h:63,
                 from if_nfe.c:39:
=2E/machine/_types.h:51: error: syntax error before "typedef"
*** Error code 1

and the new version 20060505 wo polling is not working either on my MB like=
=20
the former one 0428

Jo=E3o