Date:      Sun, 22 May 2005 13:27:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Denny White <dennyboy@cableone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcnfsd question

Been running Xlink's Omni-Lite NFS Client on a windows box
running XP, trying to use NFS exported mounts on an old
HP LC II dual-processor Pentium 300. Everything on the old
server is working great. Running FreeBSD 5.4 Release. I didn't
put the dmesg in here, but if someone needs it to look over
the problem, can stick it in on a repost.
Getting the following message from /var/log/messages & wondering
if I've set something wrong, or if it's just a glitch. Tried
searching the archives & googling, but didn't really come up
with anything that could help me much. The exports work to the
windows box, although it's slow as hell. And, regardless of what
settings I tried to tweak on the windows firewall, I still had
to finally take it down completely before I could connect to
the exported mounts. Probably the nature of the windows beast.
So, just trying to get some light on shed on this message
directly below here:

(getting this in /var/log/messages)
May 21 23:41:54 dualman inetd[504]: /etc/inetd.conf: bad wait/nowait for service p

Here are as many of the settings as I could think of to put in here
for reference:

(this setting in /etc/inetd.conf -- also tried it using tcp here & client)
pcnfsd/1-2	dgram rpc/udp wait root	/usr/local/libexec/rpc.pcnfsd rpc.pcnfsd

(from kernel configuration)
options 	NFSCLIENT		# Network Filesystem Client
options 	NFSSERVER		# Network Filesystem Server
options 	NFS_ROOT		# NFS usable as /, requires NFSCLIENT

(/etc/exports)
/home/theuser -maproot=0 192.168.1.100
/mnt/theuser -maproot=0 192.168.1.100

(output of sockstat 4l)
USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
root     inetd      504   5  udp4   *:55779               *:*
root     sendmail   430   4  tcp4   127.0.0.1:25          *:*
root     sshd       424   4  tcp4   *:22                  *:*
root     lpd        391   7  tcp4   *:515                 *:*
root     nfsd       353   3  tcp4   *:2049                *:*
root     mountd     351   4  udp4   *:759                 *:*
root     mountd     351   5  tcp4   *:822                 *:*
root     rpcbind    284   9  udp4   *:111                 *:*
root     rpcbind    284   10 udp4   *:753                 *:*
root     rpcbind    284   11 tcp4   *:111                 *:*
root     syslogd    267   6  udp4   *:514                 *:*

I guess it goes without saying, I could use samba, which
I have before on other boxes, but I just wanted to see
if I could get nfs working half way reliably to a
windows box.

Unix is like a wigwam. No gates,
no windows, and an apache inside.