Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:26:44 -0400
From:      Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk@ncf.ca>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ut2004 and linux x11 libs

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 12:25, Eric Anderson wrote:
> FYI - after seeing this thread, I installed the ut2004-demo, and it too
> ran slowly.  Then I saw Alexander's comments, so I reinstalled dri,
> nvidia driver, and restarted xorg.  Now, it's snappy fast (at 1920x1200!).
>
> Now if I can only figure out how to get my purchased copy running, so
> I'm not in demo mode...

Hi all,

After reading Eric's post, I re-installed dri and nvidia-driver as soon as I
got home. The combination seems to have done the trick... ut2004 now works
just fine with x11/linux-xorg-libs.

Perhaps a note should be put in ports/UPDATING about this situation? There was
nothing about recompiling those two when the upgrade went out.

Eric, if you're having problems installing ut2004, I found this thread
extremely helpful:
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-20854.html

Don't forget to download the Megapack: It has the latest patches in it, not to
mention a lot of nice bonus content. You can get it from
http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2004/ut2004essential.php

Thanks for your help guys,
DMK
--
I can't afford to make any exceptions. Once word leaks out that a pirate has
gone soft people start to disobey him and it's nothing but work, work, work