Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2017 20:28:46 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libstdc++

> On 10 Jan, 2017, at 19:56, Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org> wrote:
>=20
> Sigh...  Will I ever get ports going under 10.3?
>=20
> I want to install "aspell", and it wants "libstdc++.so.6".  All I can =
find=20
> under ports is /usr/ports/lang/libstdc++_stldoc_4.2.2, which seems to =
be=20
> documentation only.  Is the port for the library itself available, to =
make=20
> "aspell" happy?  Or is it one of those silly GNU things are aren't =
allowed=20
> to be distributed under another licence?

You said in a prior message that you'd put 9.x libraries into your =
system. That's quite far from being a supported operation and it will =
lead to failures.

Assuming that you have installed everything from packages, you can =
upgrade and reinstall all of them with "pkg upgrade -f". Remove all =
those 9.x libraries that you installed and run that command.

If you're getting packages with the wrong ABI, have you changed anything =
in /etc/pkg/ or /usr/local/etc/pkg/?

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger