Date:      27 Jun 2001 20:47:48 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        , freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: realplayer on freebsd

"Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net> writes:

> Wayne,
>
> We need a bit more information. What sound card? How is it configured?
> Does the card work for other things? Can you play a wav file? What
> window manager do you use and is it configured to use audio? Does that
> work?
>
> I'd suggest posting your dmesg and any sound related lines from your
> kernel config (or the whole thing).

I have a soundblaster live value. I am using icewm under Gnome 1.4. I
am running esound, and xmms works for wav and mp3 files.

To get the sound card working under FreeBSD I had to include
device pcm
in my kernel config, and make the devices that the documentation
specified.

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk