Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 06:21:49 -0500
From:      Gerd Knops <gerti@bitart.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bootable CD

Hi,

I hope someone can give a small recipe for this situation:

I am trying to find an easy way to build bootable FreeBSD CDs.

Assuming I build a system to my liking on a smallish harddisk, and
verified that it can boot without write access to the disk. Now it is
easy to use mkisofs to create an ISO image of that disk and burn it to
CD, but how can I make that CD bootable, or more to the point how do I
create the 'boot floppy' that starts this system, and which I can feed
to mkisofs using the -b flag?

Thanks

Gerd