Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:22:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM>
To:        fpassera@freesurf.fr
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI Modems and FreeBSD ???

My ISP technical support tell me that the modem should be either an ISA
modem with jumper settings for the port and interrupt or any external
modem.

Has anybody ever successfully used any other kind of modem under FreeBSD?
Has anybody used, with or without success, a USB external modem?

Paul Smith
stork@qnet.com