Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:04:28 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        sparc64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (FWD) AWK/perl hacker needed to assist the Sparc64 port

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 07:40:30PM -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:

> Perl was the *least* of the ia64 port's problems.  We had far more trouble
> with the compiler.  miniperl was enough, and that was simple to cross-build
> for ia64 using the existing bmake tools.  We didn't need any of the other
> cruft, just libperl.a and a statically linked miniperl binary.

Well Perl is one of the sparc64's problems at the moment.

I am unable to build libperl.a and miniperl.
You are free to provide a miniperl and I'll use that. :-)

I am trying to accomplish something specific -- compile a working kernel
self-hosted.  I have had to go off into the woods a few times, and I
don't want to keep going off there getting farther from my goal.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)