Date:      Fri, 25 May 2007 14:59:13 -0500
From:      David J Brooks <daeg@houston.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   user error with pkgdb -F

I screwed up... at the end of my portupgrade -a following the Xorg upgrade.
kdemultimedia was left with one stale dependency, akode-plugins-jack. So I
ran pkgdb -F to pull it in if it had somehow been missed. The script offered
akode-plugins-xiph with a score of 77%. I checked the version numbers, and
they matched, so I hit 'a' for all and instantly realized I had done the
wrong thing. Now everything that was depending on the jack plugin wants xiph
instead. Is there a less painful way to fix this than wiping the pkgdb and
starting from scratch?

David
--
Charlie was a chemist,